Conference Evaluation and Certificate of Attendance Request Process
A Certificate of Attendance will be available at the conclusion of the conference. To complete the post-conference materials please go to: http://www.optumhealtheducation.com/txonc2012-evaluation
About This Conference
“Advances in the Management of Oncology, Stem Cell- and Solid Organ-Transplant Patients” provides attendees with comprehensive, accredited education involving the latest advances, emerging clinical technologies, and treatment trends in multiple, highly complex fields of medicine.
Join OptumHealth Education as some of the nation’s leading clinicians explore the latest advances in specialized areas of health care that include discoveries related to oncology, hematopoietic stem cell and solid organ transplantation. Examine how ongoing improvements in long-term patient management, advances in immunosuppression, and expanding organ donation and allocation are essential to the future of transplantation, and explore the latest treatment strategies in cancer that show promise for both pediatric and adult patients.
This conference is designed to help health care professionals face the challenges of managing complex medical conditions in the fields of oncology and/or solid organ and stem cell transplantation.
Who Should Attend
- Case Managers
- Nurses/Oncology Nurses/Transplant Nurses
- Managed Care Professionals
- Medical Directors
- Primary Care Physicians
- Physician Assistants
- Transplant Coordinators
- Medical Management Staff
- Reinsurance Managers
- Utilization Review Staff
- Other Health Care Professionals Committed to Managing and Improving Patient Care
Conference Educational Objectives
Upon successful completion of this conference, participants should be able to:
- State the most recent advances, emerging technologies, and treatment trends in oncology, solid organ, and stem cell transplantation for pediatrics and adults.
- Explain the importance of kidney paired donation and the significant impact it has in facilitating live-donor kidney transplantation.
- Examine the fundamentals of clinical trials used for both therapeutic interventions and disease prevention.
- Review management strategies to reduce morbidity and mortality in heart failure patients who are chronically supported with left ventricular assist devices.
- Examine the importance of ethical considerations, quality-of-life issues, costs, and expected outcomes for both the provider and patient when making informed decisions.
- Discuss the challenges providers face with the transition from pediatrics to adulthood for patients with congenital heart disease and the importance of providing uninterrupted, coordinated care for this patient population.