OptumHealth Education is pleased to announce our first “International Educational Conference.” It consists of two separate Forums, one for Physicians (Friday, June 20) and one for Nurses (Saturday, June 21).
Purpose of the International Educational Conference
This accredited educational activity is intended to provide learners with information about the unique structure, terminology, management methodologies, and best practices of the health care delivery system.
The Conference, which will be held in Manila, Philippines, is comprised of two separate Forums, one for Physicians (Friday, June 20) and one for Nurses (Saturday, June 21). U.S.-based experts in the health care community will share their knowledge and evidence-based data through a combination of expert presentations and practical case studies.
After completion of this activity, the participant should be able to:
- Recognize the impact of applying evidence-based medicine (EBM) guidelines in optimizing outcomes and delivering quality and efficient health care across the care continuum;
- Examine factors that contribute to clinicians’ nonadherence to the use of EBM guidelines and potential ways to overcome these barriers;
- Identify best practices in the management of patients with heart failure;
- Examine evidence-based transitional care strategies to coordinate care and prevent hospital readmissions;
- State the role of palliative care in offering support and improving quality of life for both patients suffering from serious illness and their families;
- Identify key demographic and social characteristics for patients insured through Medicare, Medicaid, and dual eligibility. (Nurse Forum Only)
Health care professionals who are interested in learning best practices in the management of patients with chronic diseases, to include:
|Physician Forum (June 20)|
Nurse Forum (June 21)