About This Conference
Optum’s 7th Annual Medical Director Forum has been designed to educate decision-makers on cutting-edge health care and wellness-related topics that can impact large populations. Leading experts will discuss challenges and opportunities surrounding current health care issues, with a focus on the role of behavioral health management interventions and best practices to improve patient outcomes and drive innovation.
Conference topics will address effective strategies to engage and empower consumers to improve their quality of life and health outcomes; opportunities to optimize outcomes through cooperation among physicians and consumers; psychological impacts of genetic testing; efforts to improve quality of life for those living with mental illness; and strategies to prevent unintentional death in chronic pain management.
Optum, UnitedHealthcare and UnitedHealth Group Employees
There will be a business update meeting held on Friday, Nov. 8, for UnitedHealth Group attendees.
This conference has been designed for Optum, UnitedHealthcare, and UnitedHealth Group medical directors, as well as medical directors and other physicians across the country who manage large patient populations and/or their benefits.
Refer to the Continuing Education page for a listing of certifications that have been applied for and/or approved for this conference.
Conference Educational Objectives
Upon successful completion of this conference, participants should be able to:
- Recognize the health and social impact of childhood trauma.
- State effective strategies to engage and empower consumers to improve their quality-of-life and health outcomes.
- Outline the purpose of genetic testing for women with hereditary breast or ovarian cancer and the importance of counseling for this patient population.
- Identify the strategies for healthy lifestyle changes that are effective in the management of overweight and obese patients.
- Recognize the positive impacts palliative care offers for improving the quality of life for patients and their caregivers.
- List the ethical considerations associated with kidney paired donation.
- Define strategies to prevent unintentional death in the course of medication management for people living with chronic pain.