Conference Evaluation and Certificate of Attendance Request Process
A Certificate of Attendance will be available at the conclusion of the conference. To complete the post-conference materials please go to:
About this Conference
OptumHealth’s 5th Annual Medical Director Forum, “Health Care in America: Quality, Innovation and Accountability,” will bring together a diverse array of health care practitioners to share innovative ideas from within the industry. Experts will discuss challenges and opportunities surrounding current health care issues, as well as best practices to improve patient outcomes, drive innovation and promote cost efficiencies.
This year’s agenda focuses on methods to engage and empower consumers to improve their quality of life, and opportunities to optimize outcomes through cooperation among physicians and consumers. Sessions will address assisting consumers in making better decisions regarding the health care services they require; making health information personal and accessible; and providing knowledge on a level that allows them to obtain, process, and understand the information provided and services needed to make appropriate decisions.
This invitation-only conference has been developed for OptumHealth, UnitedHealthcare and UnitedHealth Group medical directors, as well as medical directors from health plan and employer groups from across the country.
The Medical Director Forum is intended for:
- Health Plan and Employer Medical Directors
- UnitedHealth Group Medical Directors
- Case Managers
Conference Educational Objectives
Upon successful completion of this conference, participants should be able to:
- Identify best practices to improve patient outcomes, drive innovation, promote cost efficiency, and create and implement meaningful changes in health care;
- Explore variance in treatment options and guidelines for complex conditions, including ovarian and prostate cancer and coronary artery disease;
- Discuss methods to encourage clinicians to use the most effective, evidence-based and patient-appropriate treatments while assisting consumers in making informed and appropriate decisions;
- Explain the potential role of pharmacogenomics in optimizing drug efficacy, minimizing toxicity and promoting cost effectiveness; and
- State deficiencies in practices that, if addressed and corrected, could transform and improve the quality and economics of our health care system—such as improving physician decision-making and promoting evidence-based practice.